Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Holiday Party at Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Back during Epcot's Food and Wine Fest, my friend ended up with an extra ticket for Party for the Senses. (Think all of Food and Wine Fest consolidated under one roof, where everything is included in the ticket price and a live Cirque de Soleil show is taking place feet away from you.) Since I was already at Disney that day, they invited me to go with them. This was one of the most amazing nights of my life, so I invited my friend to be my date for my company's Christmas party at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show to thank her for inviting me to the Party for the Senses.

The food at the show was not that great. My friend really liked it, but I thought the bread was stale, the beer was flat, the meat was rubbery, etc. I don't know if this is because it was my first real meal since the Mickey plague or if these were genuine complaints. However, everyone else seemed to really enjoy the food, so I kept my mouth shut.

The show was amazing! There was a live band.


The narrator is the Aunt, the Nephew has a crush on the Wahine (girl) who is about to leave for college on the mainland.

While developing the story, they dance a lot of songs using native dance moves and props (at least as far as I can tell. If you would like to sponsor a trip for me to go to Hawaii to verify this, please leave a comment.)







Wahine







I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure they lived Happily Ever After. It is Disney, after all.

Then they brought out the fire dancer!










The fire guy was awesome. 

As I said earlier, the show was great, the food was alright. I would do it again, as long as I didn't have to pay for it. But for dinner, a show, and all you can drink beer and wine, you really can't get a better deal at Disney. 

After the show, I walked my group down to the lake and we watched the fireworks. Pretty good way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment