Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Disney Weekend (part four)

Day Two

One of the nice things about staying on property is when you wake up in the morning, you do not feel the need to rush immediately for the parks. Just kidding, I do not have the ability to turn off the urge to go to the parks first thing. Chip, on the other hand, had to drive home that day, so she made sure to sleep as late as possible.

When we finally made it to the parks, we looked for short lines so we could kill time before our lunch reservations at The Plaza. The Jungle Cruise (which, for some reason I always call the Jungle Book) had an hour line and The Pirates of the Caribbean was closed. (The last time POTC was closed, they handed out stickers. Not so much this time.)


We ended up going to the Enchanted Tiki Room, where the birds sing words and the flowers croon. The Enchanted Tiki Room is a little dated and it is not on my must do list every time I'm there. But, it is in the shade and it is air conditioned, and sometimes that is enough. A while back, I noticed something in the Enchanted Tiki Room that looked like my sorority's letters, and Chip took a picture of it this time. See if you can spot it.


Ok, technically this might count more as a picture of a photo from One Man's Dream. Close enough.

I will admit that having a pass eliminates the pressure to be on a ride or in line for a ride every minute that I'm in a park. We decided to head to Main Street to shop until our reservation time. I ended up buying a Minnie cameo! Every year my Mom invites me to a fundraising event that has a cameo theme, and next time I will able to represent Disney.


Finally lunch time. This is the first time I've eaten at The Plaza Restaurant. It is pretty small and they really pack the guests in. The atrium we were seated in had too many children and not enough noise dampeners. The french fries are amazing. Highly recommend them. I ordered the club sandwich; it was good. I always forget to request club sandwiches without the extra layer of bread. My mouth is too small to fit the extra piece. Oh well, not a big deal to pick out, but I hate waste.

While relaxing in the restaurant after the meal (amazing how easy it was to relax once the children left) I asked Chip to see the times guide she picked up. Biggest Disney recommendation so far in this entire blog- Pick up a times guide! The park maps are helpful, but they only show the rides and parade routes. The times guide shows the little extras that you will miss because you do not know about them or where and when to find them. While checking the time guide, I suggested that we check out the flag retreat ceremony. Chip agreed, but since she had to drive home, that was the last thing she could do before her drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment