Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Disney Weekend (part six)

I ran around on my own for a while, rode Jungle Cruise, checked on Pirates of the Caribbean (still closed), rode Haunted Mansion, until it was time to make my way to the front of the park for the Main Street Electrical Parade. The parade is super cute. It's definitely worth checking out. Lots of illuminated floats. Tinkerbell, Elliot and Pete, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, lots of characters are represented. I went to the front of the park to watch because I wanted to leave as soon as it was over so I could get to the Polynesian Resort for fireworks. (When I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I was told that the beach at the Polynesian was an amazing place to watch the fireworks.)

I made it to the Polynesian with plenty of time before fireworks. I asked the cast members at the concierge desk for info on the fireworks and if the Electrical Water Pageant would take place. Super helpful and friendly (of course, what else should I expect) and they even gave me a lei.

I couldn't pick my favorite photos to post, so enjoy. And, yes, that is the castle in the background.


I love that the octopus looks like its fighting the fireworks





If you can replay the Sam Eagle quote, "A salute to all nations, but mostly America," in your head while you look at them, so much the better.






After the fireworks and the boat parade I went back to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours. Had to take advantage of the extra magic hours. Then headed back to the hotel room.





No comments:

Post a Comment