Friday, October 26, 2012

Disney Weekend (part three)

After the re-ride, we headed next door to the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. I have decided it is official. I am getting old. Ordinarily, I like sitting in the back of the rollercoaster. It is a launch coaster and goes from 0 to 60mph in less than 3 seconds. I used to feel that sitting in the last row produced a better ride. Now I feel as though the back is less smooth. Time to graduate to the middle.

After the rollercoaster, we headed to the back of the park to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. One Man's Dream is a museum of Walt's early life and early successes followed by a film narrated by Julie Andrews. The museum includes concept art and models of the different Disneylands from around the world and New Fantasyland. The film also includes footage staring Walt himself. I get chilly bumps every time I watch it.

Fay had to leave us at this point, grown-up responsibilities and whatnot. Chip and I went to Star Tours, the Star Wars themed 3D motion simulator attration. I have decided from now on to wear an eye-patch on this ride. I can handle 3D or I can handle a motion simulator, but I cannot handle both at the same time without getting nauseated. Solution? Eye patch. This way the movie will still be in focus, but no longer in 3D.

Chip and I headed to Mamma Melrose's for dinner and by the time we finished dinner, it was 9 o'clock. Extra Magic Hours! Remember how I told you that staying on property is a rare treat for me? Well, this was the first time I got to go to Extra Magic Hours. Gotta be honest, it's a little disappointing. Only select attrations and gift shops remain open. (Bummer.) And you have to show your room key to get in the queues for the rides (Minor Hassle.) On the other hand, occasionally someone without a resort id will try to get in line and a cast member will have to explain extra magic hours and how the park is closed to anyone who is not a resort guest (Schadenfreude!)

We watched Muppet*Vision 3D. The signs are hilarous. The bottom of the sign reads "Another timely service from the Muppet Labs Dept. of Wild Guesses."


Favorite quotes from the show:

Sam Eagle: Will you stop this foolishness?
Gonzo: What foolishness would you like to see?

Sam Eagle: It's called "A Salute to All Nations, But Mostly America".
Of course, anything Waldorf and Statler say.

Overall, very satisfying Day One.


No comments:

Post a Comment