Thursday, November 8, 2012

Passholder Preview (Be Our Guest Restaurant)

Be Our Guest restaurant, aka, the thing I was most excited about in New Fantasyland. Some of the Cast Members during the Passholder Preview were very stressed, and because of this, they were being short with guests. No where was this more evident than Be Our Guest.

I went to Be Our Guest after Enchanted Tales with Belle, and the Cast Members were directing people to the left to look and to the right to eat. (I already mentioned that I ate before entering New Fantasyland because we were warned that things might not be open, and if they were, the waits might be ridiculous.) I went left to look.

The outside of the building and (what I assume will be) the exit are nicely decorated. The outside has sad beast columns and the inside has cartoon vinettes.





The line to eat was off to the right and the queue to get to the ordering stations was lined with suits of armor.



That was all I could see from the lookie-loo area and exited the restaurant. Outside there was a really pretty waterfall flowing flowing from the mountains and forest.
























As soon as I exited the restaurant, I had the brilliant idea to go in and order dessert. (The way the menu was set up looked like it was a prix fixe restaurant, and I overhead a cast member telling someone the price for an adult meal versus a child meal. So, naturally I decided to go in anyway and see what happened.)

The suit of armor room led into the self-service ordering room. A cast member took my hand (no thank you! Disney please stop this!!!) and led me to my own computer kiosk. He showed me how to use the RFID hockey puck sized "rose" and left. Of course, I was already confused by this point. I don't do technology, I make do. The cast member behind me affirmed I chose the best cupcake and showed me how to pay for it. A few slides of the credit card later, I was free to wander around Be Our Guest. Success!


Apparently, when it opens, it will be a quick service restaurant during the day where you seat yourself, get your own drinks (very trusting Disney) and plastic ware, etc. and a cast member will bring you your order. (The rose stores your order.) And a sit down restaurant accepting reservations at night.


I walked through the Ball Room into the West Wing. It is super dark in the West Wing, and I totally turned my flash on so I could take a picture of my cupcake. (Super chocolaty and kinda hard to eat in the dark.) I took a few pictures of the enchanted rose and this was the best one. (Do you see the enchanted mirror on the table?)

 























Disney also included the clawed portrait of the Beast as a young man above the fireplace.


 






















I went back to the Ball Room to take pictures. The ceiling is decorated with a cloud and cherub fresco and giant chandeliers.
















I also noticed that there is a balcony large enough to fit the Beast to make special appearances (I hope! I hope!) and a hidden Mickey (Chip, I declare this counts.)

















I cannot wait to go back to Be Our Guest and eat a full meal next time. Maybe even with a reservation! (And, as many grown-ups will tell you, Magic Kingdom has the most limited restaurant selections. Be Our Guest really adds something to the park.)

1 comment: