Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Passholder Preview (Overview)

Castle walls were built to separate New Fantasyland from existing Fantasyland. I don't know if they are going to remain because I heard that once New Fantasyland is open, they are eventually going to call the entire area Fantasyland. But I like 'em. I took this picture during extra Magic Hours during my Disney Weekend.


Every quarter passholders receive a Mickey Monitor in the mail describing the events that will happen during the coming quarter. This past MM had a page (or two) on the Passholder Preview of New Fantasyland, and said the sign-up was in the Passholder part of the Disney website. On the appointed day, I went to the Passholder part of the Disney website and waited patiently and clicked refresh periodically to try and sign up for the preview. Here's the thing, the first time I tried to sign up, there was a notification that said that the sign-up had been pushed back a week because the system was overwhelmed. Ok, no big deal. I went back a week later and the system was busy. (This is where the patient waiting and period refreshing happened.) While this was happening, I decided to ask my facebook friends with passes if they were trying to sign up for the preview also. One had her mom sign up for her, so she couldn't offer suggestions. Another said she was working on it, but thought they had reached their limit already. A third sent me a link that was different from the one on the passholder website and mentioned in the MM. I tried the link she sent me instead of the one directly on the website, and it said they had reached the limit. Hoping that there was an error, I kept trying for about an hour. There was no way that I was going to miss this due to a computer error. My patience paid off and I was finally about to sign up. This does not excuse the fact that Disney sent me to the wrong place to sign up. Would the place they sent me have eventually led to the right place? I don't know, let's hope so.

I signed up for the Ariel Passholder Preview of New Fantasyland. The confirmation email stated that since this was a dry-run, not all areas would necessarily be open, you would be limited to the preview you signed up for (Ariel or Belle), dining options would be limited, etc. So, I ate my chicken fingers at Pinocchio Village Haus before heading in. (Seriously, I eat like a toddler, I love chicken fingers. And, the park was busier than I have seen it in a long time. If it were not for the Passholder Preview, I would have gone home.)



New Fantasyland! Finally inside! There are no park maps in print with New Fantasyland, so here's what's what.

The green wall holding the sign is blocking off  the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which is still under construction and won't be open until 2013. Everything else on the list will have it's own entry. (Except for Ariel's Grotto, which is a meet-and-greet with Ariel. I found that out before I waited in line. That's also how I found that they have not printed maps with descriptions, yet.)

This is the Inventor's Popping Machine (snack cart) located between the gift shop and Ariel's ride. Pop corn, ice cream, drinks, that kind of thing. I love how the Cast Member on the left is smiling like she knows she's going to be in my picture.

Below is the Women's Restroom behind Gaston's Tavern. I was so impressed with how large and clean it was I had to take a picture. Of course, one of the other women in the restroom pointed out how after spending millions (and millions and millions) of dollars on an expansion that would largely cater to children, they neglected to install any low sinks in the restroom that children could reach. Oops! (I am still waiting on them to install an indicator on the lock (like in Europe or on airplanes) that will be green when vacant and red when occupied. So much more dignified than looking for feet under the stalls.)

I am assuming that there will be an additional entrace/exit past Ariel's Grotto into the Circus Area of New Fantasyland. (The circus area is open to the public already and as far as I know was not restricted after construction was finished on it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment